Josh Stanley

 
 
 
 
The true shape of proteins

It is very plausible to say that
you are the limit : the sharpened drawn out
end, if that’s okay.  Where
                                                                    it is that I
shall find you, tension emphasizes, at this here
bend, the origin of meaning in the spring with

                                   the whole of the course in mind,
out of parallel departure and arrival, twisting.  That is
                                   what I should like to stress for
the moment.  An iron weight of counterpoint
                                   sounds so radically different,
like I have just lost a sound at the base of an estuary, but
                                   on the top.  I can

not even think whether you catch my drift or not.
                                All the
lines lead down – it’s true that
                                it’s a shame, that’s right.
If you were alongside, indifferently at ease 
                                    with figures by numbers,
counting what goes 
                         obviously past 
                                             together, 
                                             each time as we
close on doubling ourselves, pick up
your careful sword, frozen in icing, say 
these are the places I want to get into :
                                            by hearsay.  Not knowing

at that point (unthreatened, unnicked)
         what it was that
you were talking about,
                                    I’d
        stutter low carb and offer responses that
failed to get into 
the heart of the problem.  To be

honest (even disabled by it, tacked into my side)
one really should not know how to
rescue another.  That’s trite, isn’t it.
I mean, that would be awful, wouldn’t


it.  I say I love you &
                                    maybe
you have me there.  Of course, in the
confusion I am less,
                        stumbling in the centre of it all :
invulnerable, now, that I can’t take any more

                                                Calls away from you.
 
 
 
 
 

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

  • Twitter
  • Intercapillary Places (Events Series)
  • Publication Series
  • Newsreader Feed