Poems by Daniel Tiffany


                                           A List of Transneptunian Objects



But for netting and a scab
and for the bright spot
the molecules revert
to ships and plants.

So much so that fish
may be dried
and fitted with wicks.
A grass may cross the sea.

Still, one is not quite
a stranger to fountains,
to facing what sailors everywhere call
a water ghost,

the very wick of the stowaway kind.

Look, if I had wings
I could lie right here
flying past scenes of the apple,
scenes of the bucket,

over the ropes of all the wells.





                                                                     Tink



If you don't want to talk,
       we won't talk,
I said.  She set fire to the place.

I wonder what's the matter
       now, Tink
just broke her wand on me.





                                                                    Life Jacket



The thing is
those free hits
don’t help.

"I'm Dido, I'm fine, but I need
my purse back.  Please help me look for it.
I can't go home without it."

Not one false note.
At Pooh Corner
the secrets of her silver creed

take back ska,
the whole system of a breach
notwithstanding.

“Your landlord is awesome and your

clothes are on the roof!”
Hector dances
around.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

  • Twitter
  • Intercapillary Places (Events Series)
  • Publication Series
  • Newsreader Feed